Anti – Money Laundering

You cannot use one form of identification for both name and address.
For example, if you provide your driving licence as proof of your name you must provide another form of identification for your address, such as a utility bill.

1 Proof of name and 1 Proof of address

  • Current signed passport
  • Utility bill (gas, electric, satellite television, landline phone bill) issued within the last three months
  • Original birth certificate (UK birth certificate issued within 12 months of the date of birth in full form including those issued by UK authorities overseas such as Embassies High Commissions and HM Forces)
  • Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year
  • EEA member state identity card (which can also be used as evidence of address if it carries this)
  • Current UK driving licence (but only if not used for the name evidence)
  • Current UK or EEA photocard driving licence
  • Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement or passbook dated within the last three months
  • Full old-style driving licence
  • Original mortgage statement from a recognised lender issued for the last full year
  • Photographic registration cards for self-employed individuals in the construction industry -CIS4
  • Solicitor's letter within the last three months confirming recent house purchase or land registry confirmation of address
  • Council or housing association rent card or tenancy agreement for the current year
  • Firearms or shotgun certificate
  • Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency (but not if used as proof of name)
  • Residence permit issued by the Home Office to EEA nationals on sight of own country passport
  • HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year
  • National identity card bearing a photograph of the applicant
  • Electoral Register entry
  • NHS Medical card or letter of confirmation from GP’s practice of registration with the surgery.

We recommend scanning the documents over to either your dedicated agent, or to
You can either send your proof over by using a scanner, or by using the free adobe scan app which allows you to convert smart phone pictures into PDF’s.